Saturday, October 4, 2008

Standard Dwarf Iris "AMBER TIPS"










AMBER TIPS is ano
ther outstanding New Zealand Bred Standard Dwarf Bearded Iris. Just recently purchased last growing season this iris has certainly made itself at home rather quickly. Showing good increase and good plant health.
New Zealand bred irises are generally poorly promoted and marketed so there is not much past information about this iris available for me to share with you. This is the first time I have seen this iris flowering and I am mighty glad I purchased it. Surprisingly no awards have been registered for this iris
I have assumed that the Iris was named as a play on the brand 'Amber Tips Tea' a product that has been New Zealand households for over a 100 years.
Registered in 1978 makes the iris one of the newest Historic Irises!!











AIS Checklist 1979
AMBER TIPS (Mrs H. Catton, R. 1978). Sdlg. CB2/10. SDB, 10" (25cm), EM. S. pale coffee; F. deep chestnut, edged amber; pale violet beard. Knotty Pine X Cherry Garden. Wyuna Gardens 1982.

While I am on the subject of Dwarf Irises I would like to pose a question I have been meaning to ask for some time, "Why do some commercial catalogue display Dwarf Irises with those unflattering overhead shots?" I personally think they are not a good method for selling or promoting these types of Irises.(Or any other iris type)








*****

0 comments:

Post a Comment

DMCA.com

©2008 - 2016 HERITAGE IRISES. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or storage of this website's content is prohibited without prior written permission. Terry Johnson in association with The Iris Hunter,What Have You Productions and 15 out of 7 Design.